What value a rusty GT6 tub?

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: What value a rusty GT6 tub?
From: J Constantino <jjcon2@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 22:32:52 -0800 (PST)

One of my New Year's resolutions is to get a rusty GT6
tub out of my garage.  I hate to send it to the scrap
man if someone can use it, but I imagine that the
trend of GT6 convertible (an oxymoron, GT meaning a
closed car) and Spit6 conversions leaves an unwanted
surplus of GT tubs.

The floors were so rusty I cut the car in half between
the doors, removed the windshield frame and slid the
firewall back under the roof to save room (and I
actually drove it home 125 mi when I got it!).  The
salvageable panels would be the roof (the only thing
not available in reproduction), inner fender wells,
rear floor around the diff and cowl and dash panel.

If no one adopts it, it is off to the smelter.