Re: Door Panels

To: Ptegler <ptegler@gouldfo.com>
Subject: Re: Door Panels
From: Alan Lemen <alemen@ftconnect.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Dec 2000 18:45:33 -0800
Sorry for the late response on this as I have been out of town for a few
days. I also got some material (about 1.5 yards for $15 locally - end of
a roll) and so far have done the rear wheel arches. Like Paul I plan on
redoing the door panels the same way. I bought the trim for the top of
the door so did spend some money there plus since the seats were not bad
but hot and sticky in the summer and a tad cold in the winter so earlier
I (we) fitted some after market velour seat covers which were stitched
up by my wife as no one makes them small enough in the auto parts
stores..

My question is, what's the best way to get that bit of carpet put on as
the originals look stitched on. I do have some automotive carpet (about
$8 a yard) that I temporarily used for the foot wells before I got the
carpet kit but is has a foam backing.

Alan