Re: Door Panels

To: "Tep735" <Tep735@email.msn.com>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Door Panels
From: "Ptegler" <ptegler@gouldfo.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2000 18:00:38 -0500
make a set your self and save >50%
the backboard (unperferated pegboard) will cost you
about $6.00, thin foam sheet $3.00 one yard of vinyl will
cost
you $34.95 (1/3 left over) glue $5.00
took me about 20 minutes to trace the old board,
(two boards back to back) drill it, and cut out the handle
opening and glue it together.
The best part of this mode is you can have a set of panels
any color you want.

Yes the quality of the panels is OK, and they will (should)
have the little area of carpet that's near the hinge edge of
the panel.

Somehow... $95.00 for a set just didn't set well with me
after my fourth restoration in two years.

I upholstered the back panel, covered the side boards in the
back,
the wheel arches, the center console/armrest, the knee pads
and door panels
with about 2 1/2 yards.

So in the end, rather than $1,000 for a complete interior
kit (I did by the
seat covers and foams) that doesn't include the console and
knee pads
it only cost me about $450.00    ... and the pride of saying
I did it all myself    :-)

Paul Tegler      ptegler@cablespeed.com
www.teglerizer.com