Re: What's wrong with my brakes?

To: ekieboom <ekieboom@pop.xs4all.nl>
Subject: Re: What's wrong with my brakes?
From: Richard B Gosling <Gosling_Richard_B@perkins.com>
Date: 10 Oct 2000 02:52:48 -0500
Eric suggested that it could just be an air pocket in my brake lines, and to
 test this by stomping on the brake and seeing if it works straight away.

Well, I tried this on the way home, and however hard I stomp on the brakes,
 they are as soft as ever first press, and work just fine second press.  This
 is very repeatable - whatever I do the brakes work fine on the second press.

So, I think my first approach will be to try and bleed my brakes - if I can get
 hold of a one-man bleeding kit.  Do any UK listers know if Halfords sell such
 a thing?  What about the trade parts places like Partco and Edmunds Walker?  I
 like the idea of the Mighty-Vac (or however you spell it) - is this even
 available in the UK, or is it something only the US listers can benefit from?

Richard and Daffy