Re: After market Rims

To: Jason <jcullum@chorus.net>, Spitfires Maillist <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: After market Rims
From: Vic Whitmore <vicwhit@home.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 22:39:57 -0400
I have a set of Minator rims, made by KN in the United Kingdom, which are
Panasport knock-offs to some degree. They look much like the ones in the Vicky
Brit catalogue except the openings between the spokes are not as wide on the
Minators. I bought them at BMC in Ontario. They have them on special on their
web page http://www.bmc.on.ca/monthly.htm and the pic looks the same as the
Vicky Brit. Canadian bucks too! At Cdn$725, you would save a couple of hundred
US$.

These wheels are 13X5 and I would be a little leery of putting on anything
bigger unless you also have some other plans to raise the front and back end. My
front right tire rubs the firewall enough to rub the paint off in a small patch
and that is with relatively conservative tires (175/70 R13).

Vic Whitmore
76 Spitfire
Thornhill, Ontario