Re: Tail Happy

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Tail Happy
From: PorscheRcr@aol.com
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2000 10:29:41 EDT
In a message dated 09/18/2000 5:16:15 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
CraigS@iewc.com writes:

> I dropped the rears to 26 and the front to 22
Its mostly the stagger in pressures thats important here,  running the fronts
lower than the rear promotes understeer.  It would do the same whether it was
22 and 18 or 36 and 32.  Vehicle weight and tire contruction (and intended
use) tend to be the determining factors in how high or low the overall
pressures are.  This was a good point, sometimes we racer types tend to get
caught up in all the goodies and forget the simple stuff :)
Bill J
'68 GT8