Re: Shipping Eyes

To: Ree Gurley <reegurley@mindspring.com>
Subject: Re: Shipping Eyes
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2000 21:17:54 -0700
Ree,
I assume you ask because you intend to tie the car t the trailer using these
eyes.

If I may be so bold, I suggest that you secure the wheels and let the car's
suspension dampen any jolts that the trailer doesn't.

I use those tire bonnets (like U-Haul uses on their tow dollies) for the front
tires and for the rear, I attach a hook to the lateral
bolt at the bottom of each vertical link and route the strap down to rollers on
the trailer and cinch it down to secure the rear wheels
without binding the suspension.  The Spit really likes that extra bit of
pampering.

Regards,
Joe