Re: Carpet snaps

To: "BillG" <wrgingerich@uswest.net>, "Spitlist" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Carpet snaps
From: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2000 05:40:11 -0700
Bill,

This is exactly how I installed mine, per the written instructions that came
with the carpet.  Works great.

BTW, the '67 tub I recently acquired with the original floorboards and
original snaps show them to be riveted on.  Aside from the two on the floor
and one on the firewall configuration, there are two more on the front (not
top) side of the crossmembers.

Got a question for others...  I'm less than satisfied with the moulded
carpet set I bought for my car.  Oh, it fits very nicely for the most part
(the opening around the handbrake is too large, though) but the quality of
the fibre is what's bothering me.  My first Spitfire many years ago had a
real nice loop-type pile carpeting that looked and wore better, IMO.  Anyone
know where I can find a carpet kit that is truly the best in the west and
all the rest in terms of both fit AND materials?

Best wishes,

Jeff in San Diego

'67 RHD Spitfire Mk3 aka "Mrs. Jones"
home of the NEW Totally Triumph Auction
and... The Triumph Autos/Parts Wanted Listings
http://www.ohms.com/cgi-bin/TRwanted.cgi
The Vintage Spitfire Forum -- moderated and friendly
http://www.ohms.com/cgi-bin/spitforum.cgi
...plus a few other surprises!