Re: The Difference 'tween Triumph and Jaguar owners

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: The Difference 'tween Triumph and Jaguar owners
From: "Terry L. Thompson" <tlt@digex.net>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2000 18:12:22 -0400
I was just joking about the "more dollars than sense". Sheesh, you Jag
owners sure don't have any sense of humor. (Just stereotyping again).

I respect everyone's choice in cars that they drive. Today, another manager
pointed out a BMW he wanted on the internet. (An early 70's 2002 series?) My
comment was that "that it's too boxy for my taste", and reiterated that my
personal preference is for cars with curves. (And the fact he wanted to
spend $2500 on a car that needed lots of cosmetics and didn't run, didn't
attract my sympathy for what I thought was a pretty ugly box on wheels. But
to each their own).

I can't believe there are people that look at a spitfire and say "Oh, It's
okay, but I'd rather have a Miata."

The VP in one of the offices here bought the new XKR (Twin turbo V8
convertible Jagauar), and put down $60,000 on the car, and is making
payments of around $320/mo ($92k total bill). That's who I think of (and the
only person I know personally) that owns a Jaguar. And that's why I brought
up the "more dollars than sense" comment.

Another guy I know just spent $320,000.00 on a 120ft.WW2 military SHIP (If I
call it a boat again, someone's going to beat me senseless), and $8k to get
it here from Europe.

Oh....if I had the money, I think I'd get a Viper. Or maybe, I'd just pay
off my credit cards. But then I'd really like to have another spitfire or
two (MK3 maybe)...

Terry L. Thompson
'76 Spit 1500
Maryland