Re: Ignition Switch

To: "Spitfire Internet Mail List" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Ignition Switch
From: "Suzie" <suzie_bear@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2000 07:30:59 +0100
I quite agree. I had to go thru that process twice with baby Blue. Got a
full matched set of barrels (including the bonnet locks) just after I got
her, rather than needing the 3 keys that came with her (ignition, doors &
boot). Great stuff.

Then during the rebuild those **** idiots replaced the door & bonnet locks
(not even matching each other) so I was back to 3 keys - and they'd thrown
out the 'old' barrels so I had to get another full set. I was *not* pleased,
I can tell you. It's certainly so much easier with just needing the one key.

Just for info, my ignition turns easily to the 'accessory' position but I
don't have anything fitted tocheck whether it actually works.

Suzie

Joe wrote:

> [snip]
>
> Now One key fits both the trunk and ignition.  Always a bit of improvement
when you have one of these LBC's.