Re: Re: 1600 cc

To: trunnell@mindspring.com, owner-spitfires@Autox.Team.Net,
Subject: Re: Re: 1600 cc
From: OHFASTONE@aol.com
Date: Sat, 13 May 2000 20:43:43 EDT

In a message dated 5/13/0 3:18:40 PM, trunnell@mindspring.com wrote:

<<I'm a little late to comment on this as it looks like this string has all
but died.  I measured a spare block tonight and it looks to me that at
their thinnest the cylinder walls are about .185 thick.  If you overbored
all the cylinders .090 you would end up with cylinder walls about .090 plus
or minus thick and about 1600 cc. >>

I agree with the concern about overheating, but with one correction.  If the
walls measure .185 at their thinnest and you overbore .090, that only removes
.045 off of the wall thickness (you can't remove material off of one side)
which would leave you with a thickness of .140 +/- the acceptable variations.

        Michael