Clutch master cylinder problem

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Clutch master cylinder problem
From: BritishCarMan@aol.com
Date: Sat, 13 May 2000 17:26:57 EDT
Hi list. I am taking apart the clutch master cylinder and am as far as taking
the retaining ring off. I can't seem to get the piston to come out. I have
tried spraying lubricant inside it and even put pressurized air to it hoping
to blow it out. Nothing has worked so far. The piston is stuck pretty good.
Dose anyone have any ideas on how to get it out? Is it just seized? Lastly,
am I looking at buying a new clutch master cylinder? Thanks in advance.

Jamie
1962 AH Sprite MK II (under restoration)
1976 Spitfire 1500 (body shell parting out)
1979 Spitfire 1500 "Judas"
1979 Trans Am (back on the road again)
Web site links:  <A HREF="http://www.angelfire.com/fl2/darkside/mycar.html";>We
lcome to my british car site</A>