Quick Engine Stand Question

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Quick Engine Stand Question
From: Tburke4@aol.com
Date: Sat, 13 May 2000 16:38:37 EDT
Hello all,

I have a quick question and I hope I get a quick answer. I'm mounting the
1500 engine on an engine stand preparatory to some bottom end work. I have
not had the luxury of using one of these stands before and I'm wondering
whether I can bolt it to the engine backplate (which looks kinda thin)
through the bellhousing bolt holes or do I have to bolt to the engine block
itself? Both the engine and I are hanging right now, awaiting the list's good
advice.

Tom Burke
80 Spit