Re: O/D trouble

To: "M.Hesselink" <M.Hesselink@chello.nl>
Subject: Re: O/D trouble
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>
Date: Tue, 9 May 2000 21:36:46 +0100
Hi Marc
Below is a copy and paste from a previous response to a similar question. I
assume from the year the box would have a J type O/D fitted.
I hope this may help you.

Have you done all the usual checks fluid / leaks?
Do you have A or J-type O/D as this makes a difference. Apparently the A has
to loose less oil than the J before it stops working due to the difference
in the pick up point for the pump.I have an A type that takes minutes to
engage (too damn cold to care about
it) but last time I looked I found the filter was clogged right up, turned
out just like a sand castle. The PO had the box built by an expert and the
pratt must have used two or three tubes of Blue Hylomar!!  I also had a
problem with a J type O/D when the solenoid innards started to unscrew,
after a few weeks it started to drive as an auto and about 5 minutes later
it didn't go at all. As my A type has never worked right I cannot vouch for
those but my J comes in like a rocket even at slow speeds. A friend of mine
recons the A should be faster than a J, I recon it would have to be
psychic!!

Graham.