Re: Fitting 4 to 1 Header Problems

To: G faber <gfaber@fast.net>, Spitfire List <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Fitting 4 to 1 Header Problems
From: John Cave <cavej@mcmaster.ca>
Date: Fri, 05 May 2000 09:11:30 -0400
Hi Gerry.
              I recently fitted a PACE 4-1 header to my rebuilt 1500
engine,  the engine is out the car , i had to mill the inside edges of the
outer flanges, they were too wide to allow the inlet manifold to drop down
low enough to line up with the inlet ports. While i had the header on the
mill i milled the flange faces flat as there was a bead of weld on each face
where the tube came through the flange ,the bead was about .030" -.040"
thick and would cause the flange face to distort when tightened . This is
the seconed header i,ve done and both needed machining before they could be
used.
                                 cheers John
ps leaving for Virginia tomorrow.

pps we got hit so bad yesterday with the virus, the university had to shut
down all its systems and do an extensive clean up overnight.