side marker lamp rubbers

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: side marker lamp rubbers
From: Fred Griffiths <griffco@mail.cadvision.com>
Date: Thu, 04 May 2000 17:57:55 -0600
Some time ago there was a thread here about side marker lamp rubbers.
Since I've just found 10 in my boxes of restoration, I wondered if
anyone was interested in the following.

All are marked inside:
LUCAS    ENGLAND    L841

Back markings are written as follows:
FRONT R.H.1    M.R     MK. IV
L.H. FRONT 1    M.R    MK. IV
R.H. REAR 4    M.R        MK-IV
L.H. REAR 2    M R        MK IV
L.H. FRONT R.H. REAR    54581389
These are all in black rubber.

The ones in Grey rubber are marked as follows::
R.H. REAR 4    M.R.    MK-IV    54582003
MK.IV L.H. REAR        54582002
MK.IV R.H. FRONT    54581922
MK.IV L.H. FRONT    54581943

I notice the grey ones deteriorated worse than the black rubber.

Rimmer in England seems to be the only company carrying them, calling
them US Style Cruise Lights.  Notice their parts nos are nothing like
the original markings.

Just for your interest in minutia.
Cheers, Fred

PS I'll be off list for 10 days.