Confusion

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Confusion
From: "Stephen Hall" <shall@fastpointcom.com>
Date: Wed, 3 May 2000 20:28:02 -0400
Hi all-
  Quick question for ya.. I was reading my new book, Spitfire and GT6,
A Guide To Orginality today. They made a point to note that the 1970
model Mk3 combined the reverse light and license plate lamp into one
unit, thus eliminating one of the two lamps to the left and right of
the license plate. My car was made in June 1970 (suposedly), comm #
FDU90177L, but has the two lamps to the left and right of the lic.
plate. Hmmmm...

  Another one: my dashboard seems to be totally different from the one
listed in the above-mentioned book as well. I have the speedo/tac
gauges directly above the steering wheel and the temp/gas gauges to
the right on a separate panel. Is this the correct dashboard?? The
switches appear different from the pictures in the book as well..

                                            Confusedly yours,

                                              Steve Hall