Body panel discounts, ever?

To: "Spitfire List" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Body panel discounts, ever?
From: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 09:26:46 -0800
Greetings all,

I'm planning a fairly major restoration in the not-too-distant future and
was wondering:  Do any of the major suppliers provide professional discounts
to shops that do this sort of work?  I was planning to order the parts
myself and have them drop-shipped to the repair facility?  The guys I spoke
to were willing to pass the parts discount to me if anyone offered them.   I
think I already know the answer to this, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Incidentally, I'm going to have a restorable bonnet for sale as part of the
resto -- I've decided to buy a brand new one, rather than spend the money to
have the shop work with the old one.  There are several pictures of it -- on
my car -- from all angles on my website.  It is not perfect, obviously, but
very repairable.  If you're someone who can do their own bodywork, this
might make an excellent project.  I'm not sure how much to ask for it at
this point, but if you're interested, drop me an e-mail and make me an
offer.  It probably won't be available for shipping until late summer /
early fall.  If no one on the list shows any interest, I'll put it up for
bid on the Totally Triumph Auction (TTA)

Best wishes,

Jeff in San Diego
'67 RHD Spitfire Mk3 aka "Mrs. Jones"
Jeff's Classic '67 Spitfire Mk3 site