RE: e-bay and the list longish

To: spitfires@autox.team.net, "'Fred Thomas'" <vafred@erols.com>
Subject: RE: e-bay and the list longish
From: "Banbury, Terrence" <Terrence.Banbury@dnr.state.oh.us>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2000 08:14:18 -0500
Fred, you are absolutely correct.  Being a long time Spitfire
owner-enthusiast, I can remember when parts might be available in the
salvage yard and information was only available in the shop manual, if you
had one.  I can't believe the wealth of knowledge and the willingness to
share it that exists on this list.  Given the geographic distance between
list members, without this list an awesome amount of info would be lost.  I
make it a point to contribute info when I can to offset the debt I feel to
the list members who have helped me.  Many times, it is responses to other
peoples' posts that I find useful.  I have seen vehicle-based lists that
exist as an "ego forum", but not here.  I really value the members here.
Thanks to all who share their time and knowledge.

Terrence Banbury
Mk III