RE: Cams and bearings - again (sorry!)

To: "'Brad Kahler'" <bkahler@jacads.com>,
Subject: RE: Cams and bearings - again (sorry!)
From: "Mostrom, Paul" <Mostrom.Paul@principal.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2000 06:57:42 -0600
Brad,

The holes in all the block are all the same.  You can use a early 1300 cam
with your 1147 engine, but you may want to check the grind on the cam.  If you
are building a mild street engine, just choose the grind you want for
performance and order a 1300 cam with bearings.  The bearings will fit into
the block as is.  Since I am building a stock SCCA Solo-II engine, according
to street prepared rules I could not legally change the cam to a 1300
(back-dating part of an engine is a no-no in FSP).  It may be possible to find
a bearing that would fit the 1147 engine, or you could have the 1147 cam
journals reground to the size of the 1300 cam journals, but you'd be better
off just getting a mild street cam for a 1300.

Thanks,
Paul Mostrom
'77 Spitfire 1500
'80 Ford F-100 (Triumph Support Vehicle)

'Black holes, where God divided by zero......'