Re: Cam bearings for 1500

To: Grant Buss <buss3@sympatico.ca>
Subject: Re: Cam bearings for 1500
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2000 17:44:51 -0700
Grant,
Since my last posting on the matter, I have learned that apparently all the
blocks were sized the same.  The cam bearong engines had the bearings pushed in
the holes and the cam therefore has smaller journals.  So you can install stock
Mk3 cam bearings in a 1500 engine if you get a Mk3 cam to go with them.

I don't know what the shop that built my 1500 did, but I instructed them that I
wanted cam bearings installed.  It is possible they align bored the cam holes
and pressed in oversize cam bearings that were sized to fit the stock cam
journals.   Either that or they went to a Mk3 sized cam.

I am satisfied to wait many years before I find out exactly what they did!  :)

Joe