Ballast Wire - found it.

To: "Spitfires@autox.team.net" <Spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Ballast Wire - found it.
From: Patrick Baize <speedracre@netzero.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2000 19:23:16 -0600
Hi All
    Well with my "lectrical" problems that everyone pointed me to.  I
found that wire. Fortunately I have a spare wiring harness that I was
able to unwrap and trace out.  Today I traced out the ignition wire from
switch to coil. fixed every connector. I also removed the ballast wire
and now run an external resistor. I've drove it some and had no problems
so far.

For those of you that want to know where THAT wire is, here you go:

>From the alternator, follow the harness back to the firewall about a
foot. You will note 2 wires coming out of the harness about an inch and
a half. They are connected together and have  a rubber? cap on them. One
wire is white (this white wire goes directly to the ignition switch)
The other wire is white/pink (this is the resistor wire) The resistor
wire goes through the firewall and then back out to the engine
compartment through the fuse block.

On the wiring harness behind the coil, you will find 3 wires that come
out of the harness about 1 1/2 inches they are connected together and
have a rubber? cap on them also. 2 wires are white/yellow. The other is
white/pink. The white/pink wire is the ballast wire. One white/yellow
goes to the coil, the other white/yellow goes to the starter relay.

I guess they needed length to get the resistance.

Pat
63 Spitfire (waiting)
74 Spitfire (major ignition rewiring today)
68 Chevy C10 ( getting close)
 http://www.dol.net/~starborn/artvango.html