Runability Troubles

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Runability Troubles
From: "Mike Perry" <mikep@michindust.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2000 17:47:36 -0500
Good Day....I hope everyone enjoyed their cars this weekend!

I have been trying to nail down a problem with my Spit last fall, and, it
appears this spring as well.

After installing my dual HS4 setup, syncing the carbs (UNISYN) and checking
the mixture (COLORTUNE), the car runs great, except when in stop and go
traffic or after an extended idle.  It "feels" like it is flooding itself,
and if I can stand the rough running and occasional backfire, it clears up
in about 1/4 to 1/2 mile.  It will remain running nicely until I get back
into the stop and go traffic.  In fact, it has never run better outside of
this problem...no stalls, and no hesitation all the way through the rev
band.

I installed Gross Jets in place of the float needles, but that does not
appear to have made a difference.

Other potentially useful information:
1296, low miles
Headers
Dual HS4s, recently rebuilt (within 800 miles
Monza Exaust
Low restriction air filters (foam element type)

Has anyone experienced anything similar?  Any help is appreciated.

Mike Perry
72 Spit