Re: gt6 on the fritz (longish)

To: gt6in@yahoo.com, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: gt6 on the fritz (longish)
From: ScottBarr8@aol.com
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2000 19:48:19 EST
Tom,

Did you happen to pull the fuel line off before the carbs and see if you're
getting good flow and pressure there?

Scott
ScottBarr8@aol.com

In a message dated 03/25/2000 10:07:27 PM Central Standard Time,
gt6in@yahoo.com writes:

<<
   Funny that everytime I write, it is because my gt6
 is messed up(thankfully it is not too often),guess
 that is because I always think I am giving bad advice.
  Anyway, I got stuck in Groton, CT last week returning
 from springbreak.  The car is currently still there
 and hour and a half south of me.  Seems to be ignition
 related as it ran fine for 2+ hours then all of a
 sudden power was fading then going on and off.  Got
 progressively worse then I decided to stop after
 changing points, condensor and rotor didn't help too
 much.  I went down there today and the local cops
 kicked me out of their municipal lot with nowhere to
 go.  I replaced the coil and checked for a clogged gas
 line and sticky carbs.  I found nothing wrong with the
 gas.  This is all very odd to me since the problem was
 instantaneous and the car still idles like it did
 before and revs up fine.  But when I ask for juice in
 gear it fails and supposedly backfires(the monza
 leaves no guessing to that) sometimes with flashes of
 light.  Any idea?
 I need to find a local mechanic that can fix this for
 me or is there someone near by that can help?  I am at
 a loss and I can't exactly ask my girlfriend to drive
 me down there every weekend.
 Thanks
 Tom