Re: Spitfire-related topic

To: "Susan Hensley" <susan@bearcom.com>,
Subject: Re: Spitfire-related topic
From: "N.A. Campiglia III" <spitdrvr@camalott.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2000 10:11:59 -0600
Here's one for you.

After CAREFUL rebuild and installation of my 1500cc motor, I decided to take
it on it's maiden trip..  I had actually run it quite a bit doing the odd
tuning and such so I knew the engine was in tip top shape.  Anyway, as I was
cruising along the FM road a nice gentle man came up beside me.  I was
expecting to hear "Hey, nice car"..  Instead I got "Damn things got oil all
over it!!"  then he was gone...  I slowed to the shoulder, got out and was
horrified....  The whole side of the car was covered in OIL!!!  I popped the
bonnet and looked around, no leaks..  In fact, with the exception of where
the guy that was helping me spilled a "Little" oil there was nothing...
Wait, did I say a "Little" oil??  Well that's what he told me!!!  Seems he
had spilled at least a quart, he got most of it cleaned up but he missed all
of it that had come to rest along the frame rails.....  It made it's way out
along the side of my Spit with help of the air passing over it..  It's kind
of like blood in your mouth, a little seems like a whole lot...

He has since moved...

Nick
N.A. Campiglia III
Abilene, TX