Re: Medium Whine

To: "Patrick Baize" <speedracre@netzero.net>, <Spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Medium Whine
From: wizardz@toad.net
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2000 20:37:34 -0500
Some say it's the hardening on the gear surfaces wearing
away Others will say it's simply freeplay in the R&P gear clearances
causing the gear teeth to 'slide' off each other just a bit more than
normal.

My '78 Spit does it (<60K miles) and is just slightly louder than
my '73 MGBGT (>78K miles) and my MG Midget as well.