Rear Spring question

To: "Spitfire List" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Rear Spring question
From: "Alan Black" <ablack@sweetmemoriesflorals.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2000 10:28:49 -0800
It seems I'm not the only one currently working on this end of my Spit
judging from the recent threads. I will be curious to see the answer to
Kevin Rhode's question as mine is also missing that pad. Here's another
question that I have, I noticed a few people talking about teflon sheets
between the ends of the springs, and I'm going to go with that, but how
important and what can be used to replace the rubber pad/button that goes
between the top leaf and the bracket on the very top of the spring. Mine is
thrashed from 23 years of being on the car, and I want to do something about
it while I have the spring apart.

Thanks for your help...

Alan
'77 Spitfire 1500