Re: moaners

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: moaners
From: Growe58@aol.com
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2000 20:47:01 EST
Exactly!  Not to pick on the small guys - they fill a niche, do a wonderful
job and God bless 'em - but I think we NEED the big operations.  They have
the critical mass and the clout to keep the markets open, get discontinued
parts remanufactured, etc.  Of the big three, TRF is the only one that is run
by enthusiasts and is Triumph first (at least IMO).  Yes backorders are
frustrating, particularly for those of us with daily drivers, but probably
inevitable considering the age and relative rarity of these cars.

I'm thinking/hoping that the closing of the Inn isn't such a bad thing as
TRF can get back to their core business.  Charles Runyan has never
been shy about wearing his heart on his sleeve in his newsletters
and I feel bad for him and the failure of this project.  I'm wondering
if his bankers told him "No more!"  Like an earlier poster pointed out,
doubtless he will tell all in an upcoming newsletter.

Greg Rowe
78 Spitfire