Re: favorite fires and extingusher location - long and huorous

To: "Dave Terrick" <dterrick@home.com>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: favorite fires and extingusher location - long and huorous
From: Laura.G@141.com (Laura Gharazeddine)
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2000 14:06:45 -0800
Great idea-

But still my big question is:

What about vandels grabbing a FE from an open car and making mischief?

Maybe I'm just paranoid since my car being vandalised last June-but...

My other concern being the affect of heat (and the cockpit sure does get hot
in a so. Cal summer!) on the FE? Last August, on a ride through the
Valley-the outside temp was well over 100o, I had the heater on to keep the
engine at 3/4 -so, go figure how hot it was for me in the drivers seat-How
hot was it? It was so hot, my fingers went NUMB! What would a couple of
hours in that sort of heat do to a FE mounted just under the glove shelf-and
so close to the source of much of that heat. Or even next to the brace on
the floor of the passenger side seat. (That's where I keep my take out-to
keep it warm on the way home, btw.)

Laura G.
Vita brevis est: rapide agite, vigore strigate!