Re: Brake m/c "tipping valve nut"

To: Walt Fogle <foglew@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Brake m/c "tipping valve nut"
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2000 23:13:49 -0700
Walt,
Having just rebuilt the dual master cylinder for my Race car (a GT6
unit), I know the dilemma you are in.  I used a properly sized cold
chisel inserted laterally across the insides of the large Allen type
screw head.  It wasn't very tight so only a light twist with the aid of
a crescent wrench freed it.

Joe

Walt Fogle wrote:

> Hello Listers:
>
> Can someone tell me what tool to use to remove the "tipping valve nut" on
> the top of the brake m/c on my car?
>
> Just after installing my rebuilt rear axles, complete with new wheel
> cylinders, u-joints, brake pads, springs, renewed adjusters, etc. the brake
> master cylinder let go all the fluid onto the driver side carpet.
>
> I've pulled the m/c out of the car and will install a rebuild kit.  Just
> need to know how to remove the internal nut.
>
> Thanks and best regards,
> Walt Fogle
> '73 Spit 1500
> '69 TR6