Toyota T2 tranny quesiton

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Toyota T2 tranny quesiton
From: "Dave Terrick" <dterrick@home.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2000 16:07:31 -0600
Hi all.

I've had some limited success in my quest for a "decent" 4 speed for my
GT6... y'know, the one I was "bragging" about driving on 1 March  (must have
thought I was in the South, or something).

In light of some of the pieces I need (expensive gears), and the
somewhat-less-than-favorable US/C$ exchange,  I am looking at eliminating
the problem altogether by going to a Conversion components 5 speed,  when
time, patience, and money permit (have some money, reasonable time, and
absolutely no more patience).

Can anyone advise just what the @#$@# a  "T2" transmission is from?  My next
thought is why pay a NZ company to import a used piece from Japan, only to
ship it to Canada.... when I'm sure I'll find out there are 5 of them right
here in the local pick-a-part, for almost free.

Any help?  BTW, they list the same conversion tranny for spitfires so the
into may be of mutual benefit

Dave T
Winnipeg