front springs

To: <pabowen@mediaone.net>
Subject: front springs
From: "James Libecco" <jfl@neoucom.edu>
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2000 17:38:11 -0500
Patrick,

As much as I think it would be a bad idea from a perfectionist
viewpoint...Put the short spring on the passenger side, helping to balance
out the usual solo operation of a spitfire (not enough HP for two people to
ride at once...)

jim

From: "Patrick Bowen" <pabowen@mediaone.net>
Subject: Windshield and Front Springs - New question

>1.) I pulled my two front springs, my driver side is 1/4 inch shorter than
the passenger.  I know this is due to the drivers side problem.  However I
have a spare spring that matches up with my passenger side spring height.
Should I simply switch the springs that were on the car, putting the short
one on the passenger side - anticipating the two will balance out after I
start driving.  Or should I use the two springs that are of the same height
and possibly face this again in the future?<