Re: Main/Rod bearing rebuild and assembly lube question

To: Glenn Rattmann <k6na@cts.com>
Subject: Re: Main/Rod bearing rebuild and assembly lube question
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 11:06:14 -0700
Yes, there are numerous types.  I always used the stuff in the tube that
is slightly larger than a toothpaste tube.  It is for outboard motors,
specifically!

It has been a while since I bought any and I assume it is still packaged
that way!

Joe

P.S. the guy who built my son's 1147 engine sued some sort of jelly like
stuff that he swears by.  I don't know what it is but it's a cinch that
it won't run off the bearings.

Glenn Rattmann wrote:

> At 07:27 AM 02/23/2000 -0700, you wrote:
> >
> >Steve,
> >I always used "Lubriplate" to coat the bearings when assembling an
> >engine.  Unlike engine oil, it is a paste
>
> Hi Joe,
> Lubriplate makes a zillion kinds/grades of greases... I'm not doing a
> rebuild myself but would like to know for future reference exactly which
> Lubriplate product is the right one.  Probably someone else on the list
> needs to know too.  Thanks!
>
> Glenn 74.5 TR6 X 2
> San Diego

 -- Dave Weinbaum in National Enquirer