Seat Help

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Seat Help
From: Mark Gardner <mrgrdnr@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 18:59:53 -0800
Hi all - After all those years of resisting the ferocious acceleration
generated by that fire breathing 1500 cc engine (over 50 BHP!!!), my
driver's side seatback will no longer lock.  I believe in being cool
while driving my Spitfire, but full recline doesn't do it for me.  I
checked my Haynes and Bentley manuals, and neither was any help
whatsoever on seat construction.  I worked out in the driveway for a
while (my garage is so full of junk, there's barely room for the car).
It started to rain, so I'll delay the real fix.  But since it looks like
rain and/or snow tomorrow, I've got to take the car instead of the
bike.  Just to get by, I've got the seat propped up by a case of castrol
A545 for a bike I haven't owned in a few years and the box my Vance and
Hines big bore FJ1200 pistons came in (the pistons were installed four
years ago, and the bike has been gone for two).  And my wife wonders why
I save all this junk.

Anyway - If anybody can give me any advice on what I need to do to get
to the seat recline lock mechanism, I would greatly appreciate it.

Regards,

Mark Gardner