Re: wheel wobble woes

To: jmcneal@ohms.com
Subject: Re: wheel wobble woes
From: HD50EL@aol.com
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2000 23:18:52 EST
Jeff, the most likely culprit is the nylon bushings in the lower trunnion.
These tend to wear out within 50k, so this is what I would check first. My
Spitfire has 48k original miles on it, and the trunnion bushings had
excessive play in them, so I replaced them. The wheel bearing nut in the
center could be loose, but they have cotter pins in them to keep the nut from
backing off, so this is less likely to be the problem, and I doubt very much
that it would be the 4 bolts that hold the rotor to the hub.

John C. Smith
75 Spitfire