Re: Long distance Spits

To: <SJagGo@aol.com>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Long distance Spits
From: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2000 12:13:13 -0800
The farthest I traveled in my original '67 Spitfire was roundtrip from Los
Angeles to San Francisco, logging about 1,200 miles roundtrip with a lot of
other driving going on.  In the middle of the journey, the splines on my
right front wheel wore down and the whole wheel fell off going down a
freeway offramp at 60mph.

My second longest journey in my current '67 Spitfire was 19 miles before my
left front wheel fell off, going 6 MPH in a parking lot.

Funny how history has a way of repeating itself!

Cheers,

Jeff in San Diego
'67 RHD Spitfire Mk3 aka "Mrs. Jones"
www.ohms.com/spitfire/spitfire.shtml