Windscreen removal/Hardtop glass seals

To: suzie_bear@hotmail.com
Subject: Windscreen removal/Hardtop glass seals
From: "Andrew Holmes" <holmes_law@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2000 10:45:14 PST
Actually, this reminds me of one of my own projects in progress.  I just
bought a factory steel top for my mkII, with the glass and the rubber seal,
luckily, but when I repaint the car (some day), I will repaint the hardtop,
too, and I would imagine I'll need a new seal.  Anybody know where I can
scare one up?  I know they are not readily available any more, so what have
you guys done to make something else work?