Re: Windscreen removal

To: "GIBSON,PETE \(A-England,ex1\)" <pete_gibson@agilent.com>
Subject: Re: Windscreen removal
From: "Suzie" <suzie_bear@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2000 08:54:31 -0600
Just a note on this although it's not strictly the same topic. When Baby
blue was rebuilt the garage had no problem getting the seal & trim for the
windscreen and refitting it. They did have problems with the hard top
though. After stripping it all down and rebuilding the roof, they discovered
at the last moment that that seal, for the glass rear window in the hardtop,
isn't available any more, certainly for the Mk III.

After TWICE being sent a seal for a Mk IV, when they'd specifically asked
for one for a Mk III and not being told by Rimmers that they weren't
available, they had to sort of cut and paste another seal, I can't remember
what one they used in the end. They did eventually get it done but it was so
last minute I was having to seriously consider driving all the way to Wales
with polythene taped across the back, luckily it didn't come to that in the
end though it was a close call.

Suzie