Re: head shaving

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: head shaving
From: ScottBarr8@aol.com
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2000 07:48:28 EST
In a message dated 02/16/2000 10:01:17 PM Central Standard Time,
pficklin@qnis.net writes:

<<  I ran some quick calcs on my spreadsheet, and based on "stock" Spit
 1500 values, and that no previous head shave or decking, etc has
 occured, you should be able to remove 0.069" and obtain a 10:1
 compression ratio.  This does not take into account any polishing or
 removal of any metal inside the stock combustion chamber.   >>

Glenn,

The safe way to go would be to have your head CCd -- checked for the volume
of each combustion chamber just to be sure that your figures will give you
the compression that you think you're getting (not to mention matching the
chamber volumes).  Nothing like ending up with 11.5:1 compression b/c a PO
already bumped the compression -- or changed the head to a different version.

Once you have that information, you can do the math and figure out where you
are and determine how much to remove to get exactly the compression you want.

Scott