Re: Seat symmetry? Okay, riddle me this...

To: "Brad Kahler" <brad.kahler@141.com>
Subject: Re: Seat symmetry? Okay, riddle me this...
From: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 20:45:25 -0800
I may have misspoke when I said that the finished seat was perfectly
symmetrical.  Upon closer inspection, it is not.

After a bit of pounding with my 4lb lead knock-off hammer (just one of many
uses I've found for it!), I've managed to reshape the seat back to what I
believe is probably the correct shape and took out a few big dents that
weren't supposed to be there.  Apparently, I'm not the first dude to pound
on this frame.

Here's the $64,000 that might further explain the difficulties that the
upholsterer had...  If the seat backs are "handed", then are the seat back
COVERS handed as well?  If so, that could explain a lot -- especially if the
wrong cover was fitted to the other seat -- or I have two passenger seats in
my car or two driver seats or whatever...

www.ohms.com/spitfire/seats_floors.shtml

I'd appreciate someone who's been through this (like Brad!) to take a look
at the photos on my web page above and try to determine

A.  If I have correctly handed seats and
B. If the repaired frame looks about right or could use more attention.

Thanks!

Jeff