Re: Shoulder harness for my '70 Mk III

To: st-john@mediaone.net
Subject: Re: Shoulder harness for my '70 Mk III
From: "Donald H. Locker" <dhl@chelseamsl.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2000 13:36:40 -0500
I had a '69 MkIII with (I believe) original 3-point belts back in the
mid-70's.  The belt started at the inner wheel well anchor, routed
through the lap belt buckle then through another gizmo anchored at the
floor.  Buckle the lap buckle, then tighten the belt through the
"gizmo" (wish I could think of what to call it) and you were in.  The
lap belt buckle slid without restriction on the webbing, while the
outboard end (where the "gizmo" was) had the sliding clamp like
rear-seat lap-only belts currently have.  (A one-way kind of clamp.)

Was that vague enough?  Where to get one?  I haven't tried them, but I
was looking at Moss Motors (p/n 222-209 or 222-206) and at JCWhitney
(p/n 17XJ6094Y for black; similar numbers for other colours.)  Andover
Automotive had good-looking product, too as I recall.

Good Luck.
Donald.