Valve seats

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Valve seats
From: RC1NUKE@aol.com
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 12:49:06 EST
Last night on the way home #4 exhaust valve stuck open, again.
This has been going on for a little while. It usually corrects itself in a
few seconds.
I've been using the car to commute so I've been waiting for a weekend to look
into the problem.
Anyway last night I pulled the plugs and saw that the valve seat had come
loose from the head.
What's the best fix for this? Should I replace all the seats? My machinist is
looking into fitting a larger seat, he says if one pops out that the seats
seat is already to large to reset a standard size.
Any thoughts? Experience? Opinions?
BTY the engine was rebuilt and I put in SS exhaust valves about 3000 miles
ago.