More on Headlight Electricals

To: "Spitfires Listserv" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: More on Headlight Electricals
From: "John & Judy Tones" <jtones@home.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2000 10:15:13 -0800
I had an opportunity to look at the Hi/Lo beam switch off a 1500 (column
mounted) over the weekend and was very shocked to see how small the contacts
for switching the headlight power was. It just served to reinforce my belief
that adding a pair of relays is the way to go in order to eliminate burnt
switch contacts and get full power to the headlights. I really don't see how
these contacts have lasted as long as they have on some of our cars. Just my
2 cents worth but I am very positive that adding the relays would help even
a stock pair of lamps.
John
'69 MKIII / '71 GT-6 / '78 1500