Torque wrench tester

To: spitfires-digest@autox.team.net
Subject: Torque wrench tester
From: "Oliver, Chris MAJ" <oliverc@monroe.army.mil>
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2000 09:07:09 -0500
I have been kicking this around off line, and though maybe some one out
there might have a good solution.  How does the home mechanic test his
torque wrench to ensure it is with in standard?  I know that if you use it
alot, and do a lot of mechanical work you develop a feel for torque.  But
what about if you don't have that "feel"?  It was suggested that the local
Technical College might be of help, and if your company has a facility and
lets you use it you are good to go.  I was looking for the home shop
solution.  Maybe it does not exist, but I would like to hear your ideas.
thanks Chris