RE: tight wheel nuts

To: "'John Knox'" <jknox@hcsd.iu5.org>, spitlist <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: tight wheel nuts
From: "Mitchell, Douglas (D.B.)" <dmitchel@ford.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2000 07:38:23 -0500
The other way to do it is to use the wrench that comes with the
car, assuming it is still there. Find a socket that fits the large
end, and then use your torque wrench. I used this method to torque
the lug nuts on my standard rims when the replacement nuts were just
a shade too large for my sockets. Or rather, some of them were too
large. Probably the right size before the chrome plating.

Cheers,

Doug Mitchell
mailto:dmitchel@ismi.net
mailto:dmitchel@ford.com