Re: Removing undercoating and sandblasting body/frame

To: Patrick Bowen <pabowen@mediaone.net>
Subject: Re: Removing undercoating and sandblasting body/frame
From: Patrick Baize <speedracre@netzero.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 1999 22:33:50 -0600
Patrick
    I found a good sandblaster who to my surprise removed all the undercoating
from the wheel wells of my 68 chevy pickup.  That stuff was tuff. The
sandblaster said it was no problem.

    You can use POR15 from www.por15.com to coat your frame like everyone else
does.            -OR-     You can use these Sherwin Williams products

    1. Use UltraClean Surface Cleaner R7-K158
    2. Spray on 1 Double Coat of Corrosion Shield E2-G973 (let dry)
    3. Spray 2 coats  Ultra Fill HS 2K  Primer Surfacer P50

    Does a good job, that is what I've used on my truck and currently on my
Spitfire

Check out my WEB page for a picture of my 63 body sitting upside down on saw
horses.

 http://www.dol.net/~starborn/artvango.html

Pat 63 Spitfire (getting done)
        76 Spitfire (new toy)