What is it ?

To: "'Spit list'" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: What is it ?
From: Craig Smith <CraigS@iewc.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 1999 21:22:55 -0600
I'm still trying to untangle my wiring problem on my 71 Spit!
I was hooking the hazard switch up and did ok, I need a purple wire but I
think I found it with one of those push type connectors without the other
end need to plug into the switch. No problem with that (If I'm right).

The major question is, What is the unit attached to the back of the speedo ?
It takes some wires but which ones ?
I don't see it listed in the Haynes manual.

Also the Haynes list #17 as instrument lamps but also shows a round thing as
# 17. What is that duelolly ?

Help !!!!!!!