RE:

To: Dean Dashwood <ddashwoo@ect.enron.com>
Subject: RE:
From: "Mostrom, Paul" <Mostrom.Paul@principal.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1999 08:42:16 -0600
Very often this can be caused by corroded terminal ends on the battery cables.
With corroded or dirty cable ends and battery terminals, the battery doesn't
charge well and the power going to the starter is enough to click the
solonoid, but not enough to turn the engine over.  You can get a terminal
brush at any discount store that has an automotive section for a couple of
bucks.  Use a solution of baking soda and water to neutralize the dried acid
that collects on the terminal ends. Sometimes it may be necessary to replace
the terminal ends or battery cables, depending on age and condition, but try
cleaning them first.  Cleaning the cable ends and the battery terminals may be
a quick and cheap fix for this.  Certainly worth the couple of minutes it
takes!

Thanks,
Paul Mostrom
'77 Spitfire 1500
> '80 Ford F-100 (Triumph Support Vehicle)

'Black holes, where God divided by zero......'