Re: Bad Spit Morning

To: David Moag <moag@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: Bad Spit Morning
From: "William M. Gilroy" <wmgilroy@lucent.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 1999 13:00:32 -0500
David Moag wrote:

> it's pretty strange they left the 6 CD's sitting on the front seat of the
> car (and didn't take the stereo or speakers or anything else either). If
> something accidentally caused it, I can not imagine that _all_ of the glass
> would be busted up (unless these windows are designed to completely crumble
> if anything breaks it).

Dave,

All auto windows except the windshield are make of tempered glass that is
designed to break into a million of tiny little bits.  This is so that
you can not get a large cut from the broken glass.  The windshield is
constructed of a piece of plastic sandwiched between two pieces of glass.
This is designed never to break out.  The  windshield is made to hold
the people in the car no matter how hard they hit the sucker.

Bill Gilroy
77 Midget w/ 1500 engine (that's why I am here)
PS. No comments about which is better, spit or midget.