Re: Small Detail

To: "Walt Fogle" <foglew@hotmail.com>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Small Detail
From: "Keith R. Stewart" <kstewart@wwdc.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 1999 20:04:56 -0500
Walt Fogle asked:
> There is a picture indicating a chrome "ferrule" securing the shift gater
> the shift lever for MK3 and later cars.  Since this item was probably
thrown
> away the first time someone removed the trans tunnel I'm wondering if
anyone
> knows where an original type item may be obtained, or a suitable
substitute.
>   A hose clamp would work, but that's not too asthetic.

Can't help with one since I only have my original...no extras. I kept it
when I replaced the carpet set. It actually is a two piece setup. The
chrome ferrule is threaded on the insede and there is a black plastic piece
that threads into it from the inside...pinching the gaiter between the two
pieces. Good luck...but make sure you get both pieces if you find one for
sale.

Cheers
Keith

    _       _